Thursday, October 29, 2009

All set for a Happy Halloween!

I met with my doctor today who informed me that things looks fantastic as far as the number and size of the follicles and estrogen level. I just need to make sure that I drink lots of water to prevent OHSS. I had a small amount of fluid in my endometrium so I was instructed to take Mucinex D until transfer as a precaution. Apparently it dries up things other than just your sinuses. The fluid isn't a huge deal, but it can make my uterine lining "spongey" for transfer. I don't really understand it, but "spongey" doesn't sound like anyplace I'd like to hang for nine months.

Egg retrieval will be on Halloween at 9am. I know not many of you will be up at 9am on a Saturday, but please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as always! I'll have Jamie give an update as soon as we know the number of eggs retrieved and then fertilized.

Transfer will be either Tuesday or Thursday, depending on egg development and quality.

Thanks everyone for reading. I really do appreciate all of your kind words, so comments are encouraged!

1 comment:

  1. We'll be up at 9am and will be thinking about you both!! Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete