Tuesday, October 20, 2009

On to round two!

Hi folks! Sorry we've been MIA, but there really hasn't been much to report in the month we didn't cycle. My medication is in, including the new stuff: heparin and prednisone. As I mentioned last month, the heparin is meant to thin my blood to prevent the micro-clots from interfering with implantation and the prednisone is a steroid used for eliminating any uterine inflammation that might be present and lower my immune system just in case my body was attacking the embryos last time.

It was a bit of a surprise, but my cycle started this morning. That would have normally meant that we would head up tomorrow (day 2) to get clearance to begin taking the FSH. However, since Jonathan just happened to have an appointment in the same building today, our wonderful nurse let me do my cycle check one day early to keep us from having to drive any more than we already do. I won't know what my estrogen levels are until tomorrow, but she said everything looks great so we should be good to go.

What I DO know is that my AFC was 44 today! Last cycle it was 30 and we got plenty of eggs at retrieval, but the 50% higher count means that we could get even more eggs this time! That is very good news for us and a fantastic start to the new cycle. Let's pray things keep going this well. With the new protocol and today's AFC, we really hope this is a sign of great things coming our way!

Oh, one more thing. Our retrieval is tentatively scheduled for October 31. Yep, Halloween and more importantly, Gators vs. Dawgs. If the Gators can make them look like chihuahuas, I'll take that as another good sign! (Please still pray for us if you're a GA fan! We need it!)

2 comments:

  1. Oh good! I have no problem rooting against UGA. I do that every week :) Hehehe. Yay for an AFC of 44! Glad you're back for round 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best is always worth waiting for!!! Got my fingers and toes crossed!!!

    ReplyDelete