Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Egg retrieval: Friday 8:30am - Prayers Please!

Ok, so this should be a short post because I've got to take Cleveland to the vet in a few minutes.

I just got a call from our IVF nurse and the Pregnyl (trigger shot to "trigger" ovulation) is to be administered tonight at 8:30pm. That puts egg retrieval at precisely 8:30am Friday. We'll be at the clinic from 7am that morning, but if everyone could please put a note on your fridge, bathroom mirror, blackberry, iphone, WHATEVER to pray for us and our doctors at 8:30am Friday, we would appreciate it very much. I don't care if you're Budhist, Jewish, Hindu, Christian, or atheist; just pray. I promise we will appreciate it all the same as I am extremely nervous, not necessarily about the procedure but the quality of my eggs and their successful fertilization.

We won't know until Saturday how many mature eggs were retrieved and how many fertilized but I will update as soon as I know.

Thanks everyone! By the way, this is the prayer I have been repeating to myself for comfort over the past few days:

"May today there be peace within.

May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.

May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.

May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.

May you be content knowing you are a child of God.

Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of you."

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck "Maggie May" !!! You're eggies are going to ROCK! No worries. I'll be thinking of you on friday ~ kore

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful prayer. 8:30 am on Friday. Check!

    ReplyDelete