Sunday, November 22, 2009

2nd beta results

I got my second beta results back on Wednesday and they came in at an impressive 683.4! This is really exciting and still puts on us on the high end of normal results for a single pregnancy. And that is absolutely fine with us! The goal going into this was one baby, and if we get two, fantastic. I'm pretty sure one is plenty though! As I mentioned in my last post, beta results are supposed to double every 48-72 hours in early pregnancy, and our doubling time right now is 33.24 hours. Yahoo!

Also, my thyroid (TSH) levels showed no spike from the pregnancy. That means I won't need additional medication for now. My PTT levels showed nothing in the way of scary clot time. I was just over normal levels, which is to be expected on the heparin. I haven't had any symptoms from the heparin injections other than bruising (normal) and dizziness once in a while.

We got for one last beta result on Tuesday. I was told that there isn't any specific number they are looking for and that the clinic just checks the levels once a week until the ultrasound. My ultrasound will be scheduled for sometime next week -- it's getting closer! We can't wait to hear the heartbeat!

Think of us on Tuesday as we have our last blood work!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear the results! This is going to be a great Thanksgiving for you and your whole family. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete