Tuesday, November 17, 2009

First beta results

I have my results back from my first hCG level (beta) test and they are: 251.5 mIU/mL! When I spoke with Nancy today, she said this is a great first number. My progesterone was also right on track with a level of 36.13, a great for first trimester pregnancy. This means I am without a doubt pregnant. Forget the 13 positive pregnancy tests I've taken so far! :)

I go back again tomorrow for more lab work and will hopefully have it back by tomorrow afternoon. They will do another beta test, but this time they will also test my thyroid and partial thrombin time (PTT). The thyroid test is just to be sure my thyroid hasn't spiked due to the recent pregnancy. The PTT test will detect how long it takes my blood to form a clot. This is because I am still taking the blood thinner, heparin, since transfer on 11/5.

We are praying with all our hearts that tomorrow's beta level comes back at no less that 402. At a miniumum, hCG levels in early pregnancy need to double every 48-72 hours, with no less than a 60% increase in two days. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we wait for this critical piece of information. If all goes well, we'll have an ultrasound as early as the first week in December!

Enough with the medical dictionary! In FUN news - I love being pregnant! In the four days we've known, I've received four gifts! I get to have a baby and be showered with attention and presents?! Fantastic! Sign me up! Seriously though, it has been so great seeing how much this meant to other people. And I've wandered through Target's maternity and baby isles this weekend, feeling like I belonged there. It was an uplifting feeling and though I didn't buy anything, I almost cried on several occasions.

Again, thank you for your prayers up to this point and we ask you for more. I'm going to do that a lot in the next 9 months!

3 comments:

  1. WaHooo!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you both! I couldn't think of a more deserving mother!!! Congratulations Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your are in our prayers! You are already the best mama!!

    ReplyDelete